LEXMARK XM3250 TROUBLESHOOTING
The below section covers some common Lexmark XM3250 setup printer issues and the troubleshooting instructions for the same. To get remote assistance in resolving the same or other issues, click the Call button provided on this page to contact our technical experts.
LEXMARK XM3250 FACTORY RESET
In case the troubleshooting methods don’t resolve your printer issue, then perform the factory reset operation to fix it.
- Turn on your Lexmark printer.
- Now, open the Settings screen on your printer.
- Select the Device option followed by Restore Factory Defaults.
- On the opened screen, select Restore Settings > All Settings > RESTORE.
- Now, the factory reset process will be initiated on your printer. Once it is done, reconfigure the printer settings and perform the print operation to check whether the printer issue is resolved.
LEXMARK XM3250 NOT WORKING
- If your Lexmark printer is not turning on, then first, check whether the power cord between your printer and the power outlet is connected securely. Unplug and reconnect the cord if it is not connected properly.
- Try to connect the cord to different power outlets.
- Replace the cord if the one you’re using for the connectivity is damaged.
- After connecting the cord, press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- If the printer remains turned off even after performing the above solutions, it means that the problem is with the printer’s hardware. Repair your printer to resolve this issue.
LEXMARK XM3250 ERROR CODES
- Basically, the Status/Supplies menu on the printer’s home screen shows an error message when something goes wrong with the printer. Learn more about the error code displayed on the screen by touching the View option. To clear the error that has occurred, first, perform the troubleshooting instructions suggested along with the error codes, if provided. In case there is no troubleshooting suggested along with the error code, identify the cause of the error, and perform the necessary solutions to clear it.
- For example, if the error code “200” is displayed on the screen, it means that a paper Jam has occurred on your printer. To clear this error code, try to identify the jammed location and then remove the jammed paper from it.
- The error code 920.06, or 921, 922, etc., indicates the fuser error. To clear the fuser error, restart your printer. To do so, turn off the printer completely. Disconnect the power cable and the USB cable (if connected) from the printer. Wait for 3 minutes, and then reconnect the cable(s). Turn on the printer and check whether the fuser error is resolved.
- Similarly, based on the error code displayed on your printer screen, perform the necessary solutions to resolve it.
LEXMARK XM3250 NOT PRINTING
If your Lexmark XM3250 printer is not responding to the print operation, then perform the quick troubleshooting instructions given below.
- Initially, you have to make sure that your Lexmark printer is turned on and ready to perform the print operation.
- In case the printer is turned off, then turn it on by pressing the Power button on its control panel. Similarly, if the printer is in Sleep or Hibernate mode, then wake up the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Next, you have to make sure that your printer and the computer are connected to the same network. If your connection type is USB, then make sure that the USB cable is connected securely at both ends.
- Check whether you have installed your printer driver correctly on the computer. If not, install the printer driver properly and then perform the print operation.
- Similarly, make sure that you have configured the print operation settings correctly.
- Restart the printer: Turn off the printer completely and unplug the power & USB cables from it. Leave your printer be disconnected from the power source for a maximum of 10 seconds, and then turn on the printer.
- In case the printer is not responding to the print operation even after performing the above instructions, then perform a factory reset by referring to the instructions that are given under the Lexmark XM3250 factory reset section on this page.
LEXMARK XM3250 OFFLINE
In most cases, the "printer offline" issue occurs if you have enabled the Use Printer Offline option on the Windows computer connected to your printer. However, before performing the advanced methods, perform the simple instructions like checking the connectivity status between the printer and your computer, etc. Make sure that you have set your Lexmark printer as the default printer on the computer. If not, set it as the default printer by following the instructions given below. (Note: The following instructions are suitable only for the Windows OS).
- Go to the Devices & Printers window.
- Select your Lexmark printer and right-click on it.
- Choose See what’s printing > Printer.
- Check if the Use Printer Offline & Pause Printing options are selected. If yes, deselect them. Similarly, select the Set as Default Printer option if it is not selected.
- Now, restart your printer, and then perform the print operation to check whether the Lexmark XM3250 offline issue is resolved. If not, reinstall the printer driver on your computer.
LEXMARK XM3250 PAPER JAM
Usually, paper jamming can occur in the following locations of your printer: ADF, Standard bin, Door A, Multipurpose feeder, Duplex unit, tray, Door B, Optional staple finisher, and finisher bin. As soon as the paper jam message is displayed on the screen, restart your printer. After restarting the printer, check whether the same paper jam message is displayed on the screen. If yes, identify the paper jam location and remove the jammed paper from there. For example, if the paper jam has occurred in door A, then follow the below instructions to remove it.
- Initially, take the paper tray completely out of the printer.
- Now, gently open your printer’s door A.
- Inside the printer, find the imaging unit and remove it slowly from the printer.
- Locate the jammed paper in the unit and remove it.
- After removing the jammed paper from the unit, place it back into your printer and close door A.
- Place the tray back into the printer and print a test page.
- If the printer prints the test page successfully, then it means the Paper Jam issue is cleared. Otherwise, look for the jammed paper in the other parts of your printer, and remove it.