HP Envy Inspire 7900e - Sending A Fax
The HP Envy Inspire 7900e printer supports the mobile fax function. That means you can scan and fax a document to your recipient from your computer or smartphone. Your computer or smartphone and the printer should be prepared to perform the same.
HP Envy 7900e Fax Setup
- Initially, connect your computer or smartphone and the HP printer to the same network.
- Next, install the HP Smart app on your device.
- Open the app.
- Sign in to your HP account if prompted. (Create an HP account and then sign in if you don’t have an account).
- Now, go to the Mobile Fax tab.
- If the Mobile Fax tab is not displayed on the screen, click the Personalize Tiles option. Locate the Mobile Fax option and click the toggle button beside it.
- Now, the Mobile Fax dialog box will open.
- Click on the Compose Fax tab.
- Enter the recipient’s fax number in the “To” field.
- Similarly, type your name in the “From” field.
- Choose the Files and Cover Page option.
- Now, select the file you want to fax using any one of these options:
- From computer: If you wish to fax the document saved on your computer, click on the Files & Photos option and choose the file or document.
- From printer’s scanner glass: If you have loaded the original you want to fax on the scanner glass, select the Scanner option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- From mobile device camera: If you wish to use your smartphone’s camera to fax the document, click or tap Camera and follow the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Finally, click the Send Fax button.
Now, your HP printer will scan the selected or placed document and fax it to the entered fax number.
Contact us to know more about the fax settings on your HP Envy Inspire 7900e printer.