Canon Tr4720 Printer Contents
Most of the time, the above issues usually occur due to incorrect printer settings or user’s mistake. So, they can be avoided or resolved easily. If you can't avoid them, follow our instructions to fix them quickly.
Fixed: Canon Tr4720 Paper Jam
Paper jam is very common in printers. A paper jam occurs if you fail to load the paper correctly or loaded unsupported paper format. Make sure you load unwrinkled, plain white paper or other supported paper formats.
Remove Jammed Paper Via Paper Output Slot
- Grip the jammed paper firmly and pull the paper out slowly. Make sure you do not leave any torn paper inside.
- Press the OK button on the printer's control panel.
- Now, try to reprint the page you were printing. If the printer does not print properly, cancel all print jobs and redo the printing.
Remove Jammed Paper Via Feed Slot Of The Front Tray
- Fold the output tray extension and paper output support.
- Close the output paper tray.
- Gently grip the jammed paper with both hands and remove the paper slowly.
- Ensure there is no jammed paper left behind.
- Load plain paper in the front tray.
- Open the output paper tray and extend the output tray extension.
- Press the printer's OK button.
- The printer will resume its printing operation.
Remove Jammed Paper Inside the Printer
- Turn off your printer.
- Put back the output tray extension and paper output support in their place.
- Release the paper output cover.
- Check whether the jammed paper is under the cartridge holder.
- Grab the jammed paper firmly.
- Slowly remove the jammed paper so you don't tear the paper leaving a part under the cartridge holder.
- Check if all jammed paper is removed.
- Put back the paper output tray in its position.
- Plug the printer into a socket and turn it on.
- Load unwrinkled paper and resume the printing task.
Solved: Canon Tr4720 Not Printing
If your printer doesn't print, make sure of the below things first before going into the next level of Canon Tr4720 troubleshooting the issue.
- Make sure your printer is turned on.
- Check if you have connected your printer to the computer properly.
- Ensure that the paper settings match the information set for the front tray.
- If your computer is the source of printing, cancel unnecessary print jobs.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue has been fixed.
If these fixes don't solve the issue, follow the below instructions.
- Check if your printer is set as default printer.
- Go to Control Panel and choose Devices and Printers.
- Find your Canon printer and right-click on it.
- Select Set as default printer in the pop-up.
- Cancel all the print jobs and try to print again.
- Restart your Windows print spooler service
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- In the Run box, type services.msc.
- Hit Enter.
- The Services window appears. Look for Print Spooler and right-click on it.
- Select Properties.
- Under the General tab, click Stop under Service status. Select OK.
- Now, navigate to cancel all print jobs.
- After canceling the print jobs, come back to the General tab.
- Click Start under Service status.
- Also, make sure that you have set Startup type as Automatic.
- Choose OK.
- Make sure your printer is not offline.
One of the above fixes should definitely work for you.
Fix Canon Tr4720 Print Quality Issue
The print quality may be affected due to various factors. For example, empty FINE cartridge, clogged print head, unsupported paper format, improper paper loading, and more.In case the FINE cartridge is low or empty on ink or the print head is clogged, follow our instructions to overcome the issue.
Check The Ink Level
- After turning on the printer, press the Setup button.
- Use the arrow keys to select Ink information.
- Press the OK button.
- Check the ink level. If it is low on ink, replace the FINE cartridge.
Replace FINE cartridge
- Make sure your Canon printer is turned on.
- Flip down the front cover.
- Open the output paper tray and paper output cover.
- Remove the FINE cartridge you want to replace.
- Take out the new FINE cartridge and remove the protective tape gently.
- Insert the cartridge completely and lock the lever.
- Close all the doors.
Clean Print Head
- Press the Power button on your Canon printer to turn it on.
- Hit the Setup button.
- Choose Maintenance and press the OK button.
- Select Cleaning and press OK.
- Wait until the process completes.
Canon Tr4720 Fix Scanner Issues
Below are the basic things you need to check.
- Check if your printer is turned on.
- Plug the USB cable into a different slot on the computer.
- If you are using a USB hub, remove it and connect the USB cable directly to the devices.
- Check your network connection and reconnect it if required.
- Restart your computer.
Related Article: Canon Pixma Tr-4720 Easy Wireless Connect Setup Complete Guide
This guide provides you the straightforward solutions that may do magic. We hope our Canon TR4720 troubleshooting procedures help you fix the above mentioned issues. You can call us for any printer-related issues so that we can assist you better.